Progressive Education Program Mission Statement
Through a system-wide collaboration among parents, teachers, students and community, the Progressive Education Program seeks to help all students achieve and realize their potential and their greatest level of independence.
Progressive Education Program Belief Statement
The Progressive Education Program philosophy is a statement of beliefs which should guide the program and staff. The Following are belief statements that were developed by staff and parents for the PEP Continuous Improvement Plan 2005-2008.
- All students have the ability to learn at their unique level when their learning styles are acknowledged and supported consistently across environments.
- Instruction should be individualized, academic, functional, intellectually challenging and provide ample opportunity for success.
- A nurturing environment that is safe for students and staff promotes a positive learning experience and fosters self-esteem.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs and will be treated with dignity and respect.
- With the child as the focus, administration, staff, parents and the community working together; share in the responsibility of our programs’ success.
Buncombe County Schools Vision Statement
Preparing all students to realize their potential in a rapidly changing, diverse, global society.