SIT Minutes, 1-30-2012

SIT Agenda

Members

Present

Absent

Members

Present

Absent

Bob Duffy

x

 

Donna Garvin

x

 

Sara Blankenship

 

x

Darin Jennings

x

 

Robin Hunter

 

x

Elena Oian

x

 

Lewis Melton

 

x

Carol Ray

x

 

Mary Rose Slaughter

x

 

Colleen Robertson

x

 

Tena Williams

x

 

Terry Winfield

x

 

Krista Wilson

x

 

Larry Weigel

x

 

Jan Zboyovski

x

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                  

1.      Completed the SIT (This committee’s title, CIT, was changed back to SIT) mid year review.

2.      Donna announced Anna Austin will come to our next meeting on February 20 to do an overview of SIT responsibilities and available training topics. 

3.      Mary Rose will crunch the numbers for increased student vocabulary after the teachers complete the form Terry finalizes with SIT input.

4.      Training for March 13 will be in classroom training with teachers.  Teachers will set the agenda for their staff for that day from after the last students’ dismissal to the end of your scheduled day.  

5.      A discussion of how and what is included in the Trainings offered to Teacher Assistants was held.  The upcoming workshop for Autism and other communication issues will be advertised for its value for both experienced and less experienced individuals and to help build stronger teams in the classroom and throughout the school.  Larry will email all staff about the purpose and expectations of this training.

6.      other business: Library materials will be sent to Estes to Tena.  Tena will send the materials and list to Krista.   Anything not suitable to these sites will be donated to TC daycare or Irene Wortham Center.

7.      Two new Smart boards have been ordered for Estes and Valley Springs.

 

Next meeting February 20, 2012

Topic:  Training for SIT