The Inclement Weather plan regarding Progressive Education Program students is as follows:
CLOSURES/DELAYS INVOLVING ALL DISTRICTS IN BUNCOMBE COUNTY SCHOOLS (BCS)
• If Buncombe County Schools are closed or on a delay, PEP is closed or on a delay as well.
CLOSURES/DELAYS BY BCS DISTRICTS
• If the Roberson District is closed or on a delay, PEP is closed or on a delay as well. PEP will always follow the Roberson District schedule.
• When BCS weather decisions affect only certain districts, PEP students will follow the closing and/or delay decisions for the district in which they live. (For example, if the Owen district is closed, students that live in the Owen district would not report to school. There will be no announcement specific to PEP. Again, your child should follow all closing and delay decisions for the district in which they live.)
STUDENTS FROM ASHEVILLE CITY SCHOOLS
• If your child is an Asheville City Schools student, they will still follow the closing and delay decisions for Buncombe County Schools and the TC Roberson district.
• If there is a delay or closure for Asheville City Schools due to weather, but the BCS Roberson District is open, buses will NOT run in the ACS District.
If there are any changes to the above Inclement Weather Plan, we will communicate with you via phone so please make sure your current phone number is correct in PowerSchool.